[OM] OM-1 problems

Subject: [OM] OM-1 problems
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:05:50 -0500
I just got an OM-1 in the mail that the seller reported was 'hard to open
the back'.

Hard,my a**.  Completely latched shut.  I went under the front leather and
unscrewed the latch and got it open, but pulling up the rewind know doesn't
pull up the latch.  Comparing it to a working OM-1, the know won't pull up
that last spring-loaded 1/8" that pulls the latch up.  From this weak
description, does anyone have any ideas?

Also, on the same 'working' body, the shutter is completely jammed.  It is
halfway across (you can see the seam with the back open) and won't cock
anymore.  Any magic suggestions here?

I'm not averse to taking the top or bottom off, as the body is a loss right
now anyway. Can't imagine it is worth getting fixed, particularly since
there is a driver's license number engraved in it (another pleasant
surprise).

Too bad, since otherwise it is a pretty nice black body.  Anybody want it
cheap to experiment with :)

Tom