Re: [OM] OM-1 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 problems
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:50:54 -0800
Well, I have nothing but good to say about my one 'third world' repair. About a year after I bought my first Oly, a new pre MD OM-1, I was trying out my new lens (100/2.8?) the day before leaving for 2 weeks in Mexico when the mirror didn't return after a shot. I found that I could push down on the aperture lever to reset it and the mirror after each shot - verrry inconvienient. Fortunately, the official repair station in Mexico City (same place for all major Japanese brands) was able to repair it. After the counter girl took it to the Japanese tech in the white lab coat with all the cool equipment in the glass walled room, she said they could fix it, but it would be 'muy caro', very expensive. It turned out to be cheap, about a quarter of what I expect it would have cost in the States, and when I asked really nice, explaining how I was leaving for Oxaca in 2 days, they had it ready the next day!!

Clemente Colayco wrote:

HI Tom

I can try have it fixed here "cheap". Mail it to me to Manila.