Re: [OM] Re: Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM related.....Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:48:24 +0000
Cc: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have spent a bit of time in Paris.  The first time was a a callow
youth of 16 when I spent the Easter holidays hitching around part of
the Continent.  I got drunk under a bridge over the Seine on a FFr1.0
bottle of wine and smoked Gitanes with the French over coffee and
croissants on the pavement on misty mornings in 1971.  The second
time was on my honeymoon, staying in the Cercle des Armees  (French
Services Club) on the Place St Augustin.  We had a room overlooking
the Sacre Coeur and it was perfectly delightful.  Paris is a lovely
city and the people are as decent as you want them to be - give a
little, get a little...

OM content: those were the days when my wife would let me take photos
of her and I have one of us, glasses of champagne and the Sacre Coeur
on a balcony on a balmy August evening in 1980, taken with OM1MD and
Vivitar 28/2.8 :-)

Chris