Re: [OM] Re: Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM related.....Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:34:45 +0000
When I went to Paris I loved it. The French were absolutely excellent and really friendly (and the wine and food were great). Admittedly my girlfriend speaks French fluently............. Oh and the photography was great too.

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Roger Wesson wrote:

>  Being rude to people in that special parisian way is an *ART*

Parisian arrogance is a wonderful thing. I love Paris, and seem to pass through there at least once a year. It's so easy to get to from London and in many ways I think they're very similar cities. I really love trying out my admittedly woeful French, and getting the fairly standard response of a look of utter detestation before the Parisian who I have mortally offended replies to me in English. My sister once tried to buy a pain au chocolat, and the shopkeeper refused to give it to her until she'd pronounced 'pain au chocolat' properly. Marvellous!

Now, I just need to figure out how to develop T-max 3200 without
getting grains the size of footballs. Any suggestions?
--thomas

Err, pull process to 400ASA? I defer to others for more useful suggestions...

Roger

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary