Re: [OM] Ilford HP5

Subject: Re: [OM] Ilford HP5
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:33:29 -0000
Rob, If you get the chance get hold of and read "Monochrome Darkroom
Practice " the Ilford manual by the Focal Press. Perceptol is recommended by
Ilford for the finest grain and highest resolution with FP4 or HP5...only
downside is some loss of speed. ie: HP5 ASA 200 for condenser enlargers, ASA
320 for diffusion enlargers. Very good book for those interested in Black
and White work.
    72 exposure Ilford autowinder film is polyester base rather than
cellulose base . It is possible for the same "strength" to accomodate a 72
exposure film in a standard film cassette. Quoted from 1982 edition.
Regards,     John Duggan, Wales, UK.