Re: [OM] XA interlock

Subject: Re: [OM] XA interlock
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:07:40 -0800
I opened mine up once when it stopped working. Turned out there was a very small washer loose under the front cover that had, after several years, lodged where it blocked the mechanism. I pulled it out and everything has worked since. Since I bought it new, it was a factory error.

I work on lots of techie gadgets. The trick with screws, self-tapping or not, in plastic is to gently rotate them backwards until you hear and/or feel them drop into the existing threads and start them in gently. If you do that and always re-use the existing threads, items can be reopened many times with no damage and still reclose securely.

Moose

William Sommerwerck wrote:

I'd like to hear John Hermanson's comments, but inasmuch as the XA is a
plastic camera held together with self-tapping screws, it's not a camera I'd
like to take apart then reassemble.