[OM] XA interlock

Subject: [OM] XA interlock
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:38:28 -0800
The XA has an interlock system that lets the shutter fire when the barrier
is closed but the back is open, but not when both the barrier and back are
closed.

If the camera fires in the latter case, something is wrong. I'd suggest
getting another one on eBay, rather than having this one repaired.

I'd like to hear John Hermanson's comments, but inasmuch as the XA is a
plastic camera held together with self-tapping screws, it's not a camera I'd
like to take apart then reassemble.