RE: [OM] Portrait work: Reala or NPS 160??

Subject: RE: [OM] Portrait work: Reala or NPS 160??
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 17:22:11 -0600
Ditto for me re: Reala. For skin tones it seems to be to print film what Velvia is to slide.

Joel W.

At 02:38 PM 2/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:
I've had some nice results using Portra 160 as just a "general purpose
film". I quite like it and it seems remarkably grainless for its speed. On
the other hand, I've had some results I've truly not liked with Reala. Not
sure I can be precise about why, but off the top of my head, it seems to me
to have some odd color shifts I've noted in bracketed exposures on
underexposed side, and it scans really badly in my Scanwit. Some of the
*worst* scans I have seen.

---
Scott Gomez