Re: [OM] opinions, viewfinder color...

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions, viewfinder color...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 01:44:11 -0800
Nice composition/mood; the color came up beautifully. I find that bright, blank moon keeps pulling my eye away from the rest of the image. Maybe my eye 'expects' some familiar detail there and keeps looking for it? If shot on negative film, I'd try bringing up the detail in the moon subtly. If it's a slide, that detail is probably just gone, blown out. If you bracketed, you may have a shot with some detail in the face of the moon that you could 'patch' in.

Just one viewer's opinion.

Moose

Richard F. Man wrote:

What do you think of this picture? <http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/moonrise_sunset.jpg> The odd thing is when I was taking it using the 135/2.8 lens, I got really worry because the viewfinder didn't show the colors as seen here, which is pretty much accurate, as far as I remember. I was afraid that somehow the lens wasn't transmitting the color well. Is this because of the focusing screen or the viewfinder filtering out some lights?