RE: [OM] opinions, viewfinder color...

Subject: RE: [OM] opinions, viewfinder color...
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:34:49 -0800
Only reason I can think of for viewfinder not showing colors is it was
obviously pretty dark out, the viewfinder light path absorbs more light
making what you see in there even darker and we're probably in the rods vs
cones response of the eye at this point.

Film captured it though, with a bit of a time exposure.  What's nice is you
didn't open the shutter *too* long, which would have allowed the moon to
blur as Earth rotated.  But the moon is a bit burnt out - no detail.  It's
*really* tough to get the exposure right to get detail in the moon AND have
your sunset colors too.  Th reason is that Earth sunsets require more
exposure than moon daytimes!  One way to guesstimate whether your moon will
be overexposed is to figure a good exposure for the moon is maybe a stop
more that the sunny F/16 rule.  Ie: an exposure of F/11 and 1/125th is about
right for the moon on 100 speed film.  If your sunset exposure is much
longer than this (and it probably will be) then the moon will blow out. I do
like where u placed the moon, and all the tree branches add a sense of
movement.

george