RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:09:09 -0800
Top o the mornin to ya over there.

I just want to know, after you figured everthing out, did you *lie* about
it?  Be careful, some people KNOW if you're lying.

BTW, every car I've ever had has equaled or surpassed the EPA numbers on the
sticker, except for one of the cars I have now.  It could be cause this one
is a "Sports Sedan" and I drive it like one.  I drive (and buy) my other
cars with fuel economy in mind. I lived thru the gas crisis in 1973-74 in
Washington DC, working at the Pentagon earning peanuts in uniform serving my
country while war protesters spat in my general direction, oops, I digress-
and it was then that I learned whatever I could about how to drive with
econoimy in mind. (Well, I bought the sports sedan partly with fuel economy
in mind as well - chose the V6/5speed over the V8/automatic.)  Thus the 4cyl
Jeep, a Prelude, a Datsun and a Renault Le Car I once owned for 2 years. It
got 39mpg, downhill with a tailwind.  Uphill, the gas pedal would fall off
under the pressure!  It really did fall off once.  Seems whoever put it
together forgot one last crucial thing you need to do with a *cotter pin* so
it won't fall out. I never did find out if the guys or gals who put the
front wheels on forgot that lesson too.

george