RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:46:21 -0800
Silver dude;

But they don't sell Cherokees anymore.  You could get a red Jeep Liberty
though.

(Ironically, they don't sell Plymouth Voyagers anymore either! :>)

Loved your story. I can almost feel your Jeep doing donuts in the snow as I
write this.  Been there, done that.

I bought an '86 (Burgundy) Cherokee brand new. (Got scolded on this list for
driving an SUV too - even though mine is a 4cyl 5speed manual which gets
23-24 on the highway (calculations by hand - no OBC)).  I sold it to a woman
I worked with in 1997 with 154K miles on it.  She let each of her last 3
kids (her name is Mother Hubbard) drive the Jeep thru their last year of
college.  Then she didn't need it, so I bought it back last year for a song.
Because, I'll tell ya, college kids can be hard on a car.  For example, they
**lost** the door key and I guess could't figure out how to get another one
made so they *removed the handle* from the passenger side wing window so it
wouldn't lock, then they could reach in and unlock the door, they **LOST??**
(gotta yell for this one) the SPARE TIRE and CARRIER from the rear hatch,
and on and on.  I visited a junkyard last week and spent about $300 on parts
to put this broken egg back together again.

It's got 194,000 miles now.  Runs great.  I took a lot of great photographs
when on trips in this Jeep.

George