Re: [OM] JPEG 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] JPEG 2000
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:06:27 -0800
There are also freeware plugins for IE and all Mozilla based (Netscape et.al.) browsers. These folks <http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/JPEG2000/> have them. I've only tried them out on a couple of images, so don't know much about them, but they do display .jp2 images. These folks <http://www.elysium.ltd.uk/jpeg_2000.html> have one for Netscape and Opera which I haven't tried.

Moose

Gary L. Edwards wrote:

I just downloaded the plug-in and got it working in PS6.  Saved a 600x400
pixel image as both a 30 quality jpeg and as a jpeg2000 file at the same
file size (16 k).  Impressive difference wrt to compression artifacts.  But
the browsers can't display jpeg2000 files, right?  IE6 did not handle it.

Gary Edwards