Re: [OM] JPEG 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] JPEG 2000
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:11:14 -0800

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 08:44  AM, Chris Barker wrote:

 now I'm confused :>)

Chris

I just did a quick check for current prices on the web and they seem to be ranging from about $300 to $500 depending on whether internal or external.

The conflicting formats bothered me at first, but it depends on how you are going to use it. If you are doing video it is important probably to get something everyone can view. If like me you just want something to archive big image files format is less important since I will be the only one accessing them. Now if they settle on an incompatible standard... that will be a pain.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA