Re: [OM] JPEG 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] JPEG 2000
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:43:38 +0000
Thanks Winsor. I shall keep looking (at DVD drives) and think about Batch conversions using Graphic Converter.

Chris
On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 04:02 PM, Winsor Crosby wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Hmm. You would think that if shareware had it that Adobe would have added it to their expensive products. It would be nice if it were the JPEG option in most digital cameras too- files several times smaller with shorter write times and little or no loss.

I checked my little stack of MacWorld magazines and they have not reviewed DVD drives in a while. My impression is that they are still very pricey. In Dec '01 they were still just shy of a $1000 and they liked the usual suspects, La Cie, Enque and EZQuest which also usually do well in CD drive comparisons.