Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)

Subject: Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)
From: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:19:21 -0700
Getting up for a moment to answer Garth...

On 5 Feb 2003 at 10:19, Garth Wood wrote:

> >Then there's PBB Global Logistics (can't remember who they act as
> >agent for)....
>
> Ah yes, that would be the clearance arm of Purolator in Canada, if
> memory serves.  A reason why I insist on NOT using Purolator.

Thanks, Garth, for reminding me who they "represent."  I knew it
had to be either Purolator or FedEx, but didn't wanna "name
names" without being sure.

The letters from their legal department are quite entertaining.  "Give
us our $30 or we'll sue you, ruin your credit rating, hound you to the
ends of the earth, tell the devil (whom we know on a first-name
basis) to make sure you burn in hell, blah, blah, blah."  Well, be my
guest!

> For my money, the class act of couriers from the States to Canada is
> FedEx -- nobody else seems to come close.

I only had a shipment from the States via FedEx once and, IIRC, it
went smoothly and FedEx was above board.  Going the other way
(CDN --> US), I've used CanPar and they've been pretty good too.
Most stuff comes/goes via USPS/Canada Post, and I just consider
the GST a fact of life [blood pressure rising again...] and Canada
Post's $5 handling fee at least reasonable.  Just a part of "doing
business" I guess.

Going to lie down and calm the blood pressure again...  <Grin!>

Regards,

Chris