Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)

Subject: Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)
From: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:02:50 -0700
On 5 Feb 2003 at 16:09, Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ...there are other ways they'll get you, such as customs agents' fees

Now THERE'S a racket if I ever saw one!  That's a game UPS plays
with stuff coming into Canada...  charge 'em a $35 "brokerage fee"
for an item valued at $100.  When I complained, the UPS clerk
says, "Fine, don't pay us.  We'll just sell your camera."

Then there's PBB Global Logistics (can't remember who they act as
agent for).  They're threatening to sue me over a $30 outstanding
invoice for unwanted and un-asked-for "brokerage services" on a
$10 item because, supposedly, they "cleared" it go through
customs.  Funny thing, though...  the package was unopened upon
arrival, so IF they did ANYTHING it was watch it for 2 seconds as it
went by!  Well, they can kiss my fat....  uhhhh....  nevuh mind!

Sorry for the rant, but it *REALLY* ticks me off how these crooks
can hold you ransom.  Governments included, by the way!

Regards,

Chris