RE: [OM] [OT] unemployment blues again...

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] unemployment blues again...
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:26:02 -0800
The only career path safe nowadays, IMHO, (besides Burger King etc) is
health care.  You just can't farm out to India or China for a warm, even
caring sometimes, nurse in your hospital room.

George

In my example above I use two countries, one of which has taken over much
manufacturing from the USA, the other of which is in the process of
monopolizing the software industry, with the help of the likes of Bill
Gates, Cisco, etc.  I am not denigrating, attacking or otherwise making
nefarious comments about these countries, their resident populations or any
citizen or former citizen of either country who now resides or may soon
reside in the USA.  There, that oughtta keep me safe :>) (Oh, but China does
use slave labor. But who cares, their stuff is DIRT cheap, huh?  And India
has a caste system which prevents large portions of the population from
advancing their position in life, kinda like apartheid, but they sure write
cheap software, huh Mr Gates?)  Ooops. Well, just the facts, ma'am.