Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now
From: Oly Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:05:03 -0800 (PST)
According to the tests Brian posted, the
Phoenix/Vivitar 19-35 is a better performing lens than
the Samyang. Coverage up to 35mm can be an advantage
too. The speed shouldn't be a problem on the
Altiplano. The big advantage for this particular use
is the very thing that turns some people off about it.
The mount is mostly plastic, which raises durability
questions, but it is amazingly light, a major
advantage if it must be carried everywhere. The
Samyang is all metal construction and much heavier. I
picked up a 77mm UV filter fairly cheap on the 'Bay.

Moose