Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:56:29 -0800
on 2/1/03 4:59 AM, Wayne Culberson at waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The Zuiko 21/3.5 they've been recommending would be nice, but it is too
> expensive for me to take down there for the few times I'd need it. I have to
> be comfortable risking it being stolen, or surviving the grit and dust.
> Something like the vivitar 17mm is more what I'm looking for, but there
> don't seem to be any floating around.
> Wayne

Wayne -- The Samyang 18-28/4-4.5 lens, or the similar Phoenix or Vivitar
super-wide zooms might be a good inexpensive travel lens. While physically
larger than a prime, and not up to the performance of the Zuiko fast-wides,
for a travel lens the tradeoffs could be OK. Covering the range from 18 to
28 you could carry one of these instead of a 28 and a 21, so sizewise it
would be close. These can be found pretty much constantly for ~$100 to $140
on the 'bay... if something happens to it it's not a huge hit like losing a
couple wide Zuiko's would be.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...