Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:09:19 -0400
> Wayne -- The Samyang 18-28/4-4.5 lens, or the similar Phoenix or Vivitar
> super-wide zooms might be a good inexpensive travel lens. While physically
> larger than a prime, and not up to the performance of the Zuiko
fast-wides,
> for a travel lens the tradeoffs could be OK. Covering the range from 18 to
> 28 you could carry one of these instead of a 28 and a 21, so sizewise it
> would be close. These can be found pretty much constantly for ~$100 to
$140
> on the 'bay... if something happens to it it's not a huge hit like losing
> couple wide Zuiko's would be.

> Jim Brokaw

Jim, I do have the Samyang 18-28, which I will probably end up taking. I
wanted to use all primes to try to avoid lens flare, but I'll have to use
some other means of shading the lens, like a hat, and try to keep the sun
out of the picture.

So sorry to hear about the unemployment of yourself, and all the ones on the
list facing the same challenge.
Wayne