RE: [OM] Re: Medium Format vs. Digital

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Medium Format vs. Digital
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:21:32 -0800
> "Fuji Crystal Archive" is the brand name of the paper used. You
> can use it in your darkroom.

Yep, I shoulda been more clear about that.  My point was, they're not
digital prints. Ink jets etc are, but not FCA, IMO.

> Rated 65 Wilhelms.

Another tester I'm not sure I believe.

> The Lightjet IS a digital printer, albeit one that uses
> photochemistry in the final step.

Well, sorta. The Lightjet would more properly be called a digital enlarger.
It merely exposes the paper from a digital file.

My use of the phrase 'Lightjet hooked to ...' in the other message was
technically not quite accurate.  Unless 'hooked to' includes by human feet
and hands. To explain:

At my lab's location, the Lightjet is in one darkroom and the photochemical
processor is outside of that room in another area.  They have to hand carry,
in a light tight enclosure of course, the LJ-exposed FCA paper across the
hall into another darkroom and insert the paper into the input feed rollers
of the Kreonite which then processes the paper using the Fuji chemistry.

I'm sure they would like to have a different setup, but I guess that
would've been too expensive to move walls etc at this time.

> I propose the following:

Whatever:>)

PS: Chris, I'm leaving right now!>

george