Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:29:04 -0800
I saw this somewhere today:

Yesterday I dropped my film off at my regular lab for processing. This is one of the largest professional labs in Toronto, which is the largest city in Canada, and the country's center for advertising and publishing. The owner / manager happened to be at the counter, and I asked him in passing what the effect of digital cameras and backs has been on his business. His reply was illuminating.

He said that they had now stopped doing C41 and B&W processing due to lack of demand and were only still processing E6 film. He said that most pros in the city were now shooting digital (studio and location) and that film was used mostly now for special applications. Interesting.

Any one with a a pro lab where they have asked the same question?