Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:39:32 +0800
I think the test is well done, and I believe that he has made an attempt to be as fair as possible..

The the problem is, the test is not fair.. He does not factor in, what the final medium of view is. He does not factor in, things like "Moire effects" of a digital system that ruins fashion photography. He does not factor in a lot of stuff..

If resolution was the only criterion, then ok. But it's not. Ask any Leica owner; Bokeh, characteristics of a lens etc..

Also, I have mathematical doubts about the ability of 35mm lenses to push up to the quality of medium format... Wasn't that why the 4/3's system was invented??

Albert