[OM] Focussing screens and glasses

Subject: [OM] Focussing screens and glasses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:35:47 +1300
Clendon et al,

I've been wearing spectacles for (gulp !!) nearly 60 years (something's wrong
there surely !! that number gets bigger all the time), and I prefer using a 13
focussing screen. I can usually find a line to home in on in the image, and it
just makes accurate focusing so  much quicker, using the split image to line
up both sides of the same line.

I probably got conditioned to using it with my Contaflex and then the OM10 I
had ( and still have) for many years.

The only time (very rarely) I have a problem with this is with long-focus
lenses where the central part may black out and become nearly impossible
or quite impossible to use.

My left eye is quite sharp so that's the one I use. The right eye has the
centre somewhat burned out through looking at the sun through a tube at the
age of 7, so it's not so great in the middle.

Brian