Re: [OM] how come?

Subject: Re: [OM] how come?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:06:09 +1300
Hi Moose et al

I  wrote:

>To my mind the setting by USA sellers of the flag " will ship to USA only "
is either pure laziness in following the 'bay options and not thinking it
through
(perhaps the world ends at the USA border?), or is is an implied mistrust of
any process or person outside the USA. All unwarranted.

and Moose replied

>There is also an extra 'hassle factor' that may be significant. I can
>mail a package up to a couple of pounds to the US just by putting
>postage on it (and buy the postage over then 'net and print it on my
>printer!) and handing it to my mail carrier (snip)

I guess I'm spoiled by the Post Offices here.  I rarely have to wait more than
5 minutes - 10 at the most unless it's at the end of the business day - and
the postage rates are very quickly looked up and sorted out using printed
standard schedules.

I also notice that several sellers on the bay that I have shown there's very
little to worry about from overseas transactions, now routinely advertise as
"ship internationally" or whatever the words are. So those many e-mails of
mine may have been to good effect.

Brian