Re: [OM] how come?

Subject: Re: [OM] how come?
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:20:36 -0500
Paranoia?  Yeah, I may have over-reacted.  That's why I started the thread.

My problems were:
1.  In the first communication he said he was gonna PAY from Korea and
didn't say "electronically".  I thought he was gonna *mail* a money order.

2.  I had a money order go wrong from a buyer in Canada to my own, locked
mailbox.  Someone signed for it and it cleared.  It took 7 months to reissue
the money order and get paid!  I don't have a problem with the shipping.
Heck, I have to go the post office anyway; it's easy enough to fill in 6
boxes in the customs declaration form.

3.  In hindsight, in his last email he said, "WE CANNOT USE THE PAYPAL SO I
CAN SEND BY MONEYGRAM AND IT TAKE ONLY 1 DAY."  I think this is probably an
electronic service but  I've never heard of Moneygram and I don't want a new
account, ya know?  I gave him PLENTY of choices and I don't want to open an
new account for each ebay buyer.  I stated "PayPal, money order, or
International Postal Money Order".  I would accept a money order mailed from
the US or Canada but a money order mailed from Korea is another matter,
time-wise.  It also raises the specter of that Canadian money order that
disappeared from the mail system.

4.  I told the buyer that if he can't meet the stated payment instructions
he MUST ask about other arrangements before he bids.  He ticked me off,
trying to jam a different payment down my throat, from the other side of the
planet.

Lama