OT totally; Re: [OM] I was PC-ed on the way to Abbey Road?

Subject: OT totally; Re: [OM] I was PC-ed on the way to Abbey Road?
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:20:25 -0500
Cc: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I didn't pick this fight but I intend to win it.  :)

George, you said,
>Most of [Paul's Beatle songs] are a bit
> trite by comparison to 'John's' (- compare "Hello, Goodbye" to "Strawberry
> Fields eg)
> and, in Paul's own words, many are just 'Silly Love Songs'.  Though
there's
> nothing wrong with that:>)
> John's songs, OTOH are more complex and though-provoking. Though sometimes
> complete BS!

Okay, the gloves are off!  Compare these lyrics, if you dare:

John:
"Goo
  goo
  ka-
  joob.
  Ga
  goo-
  goo-
  ka-
  joob.
 Ga joob.
 Jooba
 Joob.
 Jooba
 Joob."   (or something similar.)

Paul:
"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.
 Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
 Oh, I believe in yesterday."

John secured his place in history not by the quality of his lyrics but by
his enthusiasm, and by choosing McCartney to be in the Quareymen.

George's words might apporpriately have just as well been aimed at John as
himself:
"I was there-
 at the right time,
 cheaper than a dime."

I readily admit that John had his moments but I can't forgive the Yoko
tracks on the solo albums.  Consider this: which you'd rather take to a
desert island:
"Ram" or "Double Fantasy"?

Lama

Speed along the highway,
 honey I want it my way.
 But listen to her daddy's song,
"Making love is wrong."
Oooh, we was only hiding
sittin' in the back seat of my car.

<chills>  It's side two of Abbey Road all over again.