RE: [OM] I was PC-ed on the way to Abbey Road?

Subject: RE: [OM] I was PC-ed on the way to Abbey Road?
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:44:24 -0800
Well, there was(is) an agreement made between 2 live human beings. Now one
is dead.

'Yesterday' of course was Paul's alone. Everyone knows that. Still he abided
by the agreement when both were breathing. And for decades after.  What he's
doing now, IMHO, is petty and self-indulgent.

Any Beatle's fan (and that includes me big-time) knows who was the major
influence on which song. Eg: There ain't much, if any, Paul on "I am the
Walrus" but it still is credited to both. Other examples abound.

In fact, to quote Lennnon in "How do you sleep", directed at Paul during
their fueding days: "So Sgt Pepper took you by surprise..." and "The only
thing you done was 'Yesterday'"...

george

PS: Not to get too far OT, but when I listen to Beatles music on CD today, I
find myself skipping over many of 'Paul's' songs.  Most of them are a bit
trite by comparison to 'John's' (- compare "Hello, Goodbye" to "Strawberry
Fields eg)
and, in Paul's own words, many are just 'Silly Love Songs'.  Though there's
nothing wrong with that:>)
John's songs, OTOH are more complex and though-provoking. Though sometimes
complete BS! And as for their work after the breakup, compare "Imagine" to
"Silly Love Songs"