Re: [OM] Which zoom would you recommend?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which zoom would you recommend?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:02:21 +0000
I agree with you Tom about the 50-250/5.  It is not dreadfully big or
heavy, but it feels nicely balanced on the camera, looks sharp
through the viewfinder and the results are very fine.  Some of my
shots of the Alhambra were taken with this lens:

<http://homepage.mac.com/zuiko/PhotoAlbum3.html>http://homepage.mac.com/zuiko/PhotoAlbum3.html

If I am repeating this url, please forgive me.  The photos are there
for my Mum to see, not because they are wonderful technically or
artisitically.

Given that ISO 200 and 400 films are so sharp now, the max aperture
is no great problem.  Also, as the Roger W saw on Sunday when I was
photographing the Millenium Bridge, my lens rest, called a Camcane
with its Stalker Grip, works very well with the 50-250.

Oh, and it focuses down to 1.53m at 250mm - quite close...

Chris