Re: [OM] Which zoom would you recommend?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which zoom would you recommend?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:13:17 -0500
Well,  I've owned'em all :)

The challenge is the two-touch, as most of the zooms I would support are
one-touch.  I really don't have anything to add, as all the lenses I've
owned that are great have been mentioned (well, except one -- get there in a
minute).

For Zuikos, the choices are the 85-250/5 (2), 65-200/4 (1) and 50-250/5 (1).
The 85-250 is just too big for my taste.  I LOVE the 50-250 and use it
constantly.

That said, it is probably going to be replaced in my spring soccer bag with
the Tamron 60-300 (1).  That extra length is going to be very useful.

The Tamron 80-200/2.8 (1) is amazing, but huge.  A great lens when you need
it.  I don't often. The Tokina is supposed to be its equal, or even better.

If I was to choose one it would be the Tamron 60-300.  Best bang for the
buck.  If it had to be a Zuiko, it would be the 50-250, but they are PRICEY.

Tom
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>