Re: [OM] Siren Song--Which will it be

Subject: Re: [OM] Siren Song--Which will it be
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:07:07 -0500
> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:00:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

> New Darkroom or New MF system?

You should get the MF system now so that we don't have to wait to buy your
gear.

But seriously, in the interim between the upgrades, would you rather
 a) print images from your old systems with your new darkroom OR
 b) print images from your new camera with your old darkroom?

Option (b) of course lets you reprint your best images later with the new
darkroom.

Bear in mind that
 - Both enlargers and film cameras are still improving, but the latter
probably faster
 - Excellent used enlargers will be (are?) dropping in price. I recently saw
an Omega D2VXL which didn't reach reserve, but even the BIN wasn't bad.

Have you considered 6x8 or 6x9? The Fuji 680 is an amazing machine and has
movements. Heavy though. If you were to go this way it affects the answer to
the question above as it sounds like in the interim with the second option
you wouldn't be able to print. I've also never heard of a projector for
these formats if that's important.

Andrew