[OM] Siren Song--Which will it be

Subject: [OM] Siren Song--Which will it be
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:00:00 -0800 (PST)
Tonight I finally got around to sleeving about 20 rolls of 120
that have been patiently waiting around in drawers for my
attention.  Several have waited since 1990.  Ok, Ok, so filing
isn't one of my strong points.

Anyway, about 12 of those rolls were Velvia in mostly 6x7
format.  Wow!  I've almost forgotten what trannies looked
like--you know, those that are larger than postage stamps and
not mounted in plastic or cardboard.

Should I?  Could I?  Would I?  How could I?

It's time to get serious in the search for a new MF rig.  I've
been putting it off, but sooner or later, I've got to commit.
Unfortunately, you all know what that is going to mean.

I've never changed systems before.  This will be a huge leap.
My forays into MF have always been as a dual format with the
Olympus.  But this time, it will require a moving on and not
looking back.

I've narrowed the search down to two systems:  Contax 645AF and
Pentax 645AF.  Each has its major advantages/disadvantages.  I
can live with either one.

Or maybe I should get a Toyo carbon fiber field camera...

Ahem!  Somebody hasn't been helping me in this.  "Ya know, 645
ain't that much bigger than 35mm..."  Maybe so, but my darkroom
systems and working methods favor roll-film and 6x6 or smaller.

Regardless, as soon as I've got a handle on this (and convinced
the CDFO), there will be a well-used OM kit looking for a new
home.  I trust that the 100/2.8 will be picked up by somebody
looking for that one "magical lens".  It truely is special.

Now, here is the biggest dilemma:  Do I put off building the new
darkroom and putting the money instead into a new kit?  Or do I
build my supremo deluxe darkroom now and continue to dream about
my new system?  I'll have enough money right now for either, but
not both.

I can continue to use the existing darkroom space indefinitely
just as I can continue to use the OMs indefinitely.

No, digital is not an option.  I'm wanting one last major film
system.

New Darkroom or New MF system?

AG-Schnozz