Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUTO on gray ca

Subject: Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUTO on gray card??
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:27:19 -0800
At 11:55 PM 1/16/2003 +0100, Thomas Müller wrote:
Yes, I used a wall as well. Same thing. With the wider lenses the OM4 showed one Stop difference between center-weighted and Spot reading.

I presume you take care so that the wide angles don't show more non-gray background? Otherwise, the centerweight reading will be different from spot. I just tried it w/ my 4 and 4T, w/ 85, 40, 24 and 18, and the spot/centerweight agree.