Re: [OM] Olympus at MacWorld.

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus at MacWorld.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:57:52 -0800

I asked the guy (at the counter with the E-20 and E-10 cameras) and he
wouldn't say anything about it. I asked if it was a month or six months or a
year and a half and he said "Soon. Sooner than you think." I didn't get the
impression of someone hiding a vapor-product. Then I asked him if it would
be like a 'digital Pen F' and he said "No. Not like that at all." as if he'd
had some actual information on a real product... So, all we have here are
some bits of suspect information, about what there was before.

I did get to handle the Canon with the 11-megapixel full-frame sensor...
quite nice, although big and heavy (!) and hard on the wallet -- it is some
$8000! -- for the body. Then you need some nice "L" lenses for a wee bit
more... I'm sticking to OM's for a while. The Canon guy said they had no
plans to make a smaller interchangeable-lens digital body (along the lines
of a digital EOS-IX or interchangable EF-mount G3) although he said the
mirror box of the EOS D-60 was based on the EOS-IX mirror box mechanism.

--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

You saw, maybe, the last MacWorld. Never having been to one, I am envious. Nice that Olympus had a presence there.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California