RE: [OM] slide film sharpness

Subject: RE: [OM] slide film sharpness
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:03:55 -0800 (PST)
Occasionally I try Agfachrome and it does keep getting better
and better.  Sharper than Velvia?  Nope, close, but no cigar.
However, it has unbelievable shadow detail and neutrality.  I
wouldn't hesitate to shoot it in roll-film.

One thing that might cause people to think that Agfachrome is
sharper is that the grain has more acutence.  The apparant
sharpness might be greater due to greater "edginess".

I'm a Velviaholic.  I was shooting specially aged Fujichrome 50
long before Velvia came out.  I love Velvia and think that it
and Kodachrome 25 were the sharpest slide films ever.

ProviaF is an excellent film, but I fear that Fuji has
sacrificed sharpness for grain-pattern.  I don't care what the
"specs" say, Velvia is still far sharper than ProviaF.

AG-Schnozz