RE: [OM] slide film sharpness

Subject: RE: [OM] slide film sharpness
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:50:50 -0500
At 10:17 AM 1/8/03 -0800, George M. Anderson, Photographer wrote:

I would recommend you test for yourself.  But if you want the sharpest,
Velvia is it. Anyone who shoots slide film knows this.

Hi y'all,

This discussion got my curiosity up so I checked the company web sites to see what they had to say about resolution. Afga claims that Afgschrome's resolution is 130 l/mm at a 1000:1 contrast range and 50 l/mm at a 1.6:1 contrast range. Fugi claims 160 l/mm and 80 l/mm for Velvia at the same contrast ranges. There may be reasons to prefer Afgachrome over Velvia but it doesn't look like sharpness is one of them. Maybe color rendition?

Later,
Johnny