RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:24:40 -0500
To me, a genuine old geezer, except as the equivalent of a 4x6
snapshot, it?s a grand waste of time, this looking at photographs
on my little TV -- I mean my computer.  I can tell more, even
with my unaided, 60-something-year-old eyes, from a 35mm contact
sheet than I can from the most super-duper, high-res scan on a
computer monitor.

I shoot transparencies; I look at them through a high-quality 10X
loupe; I project them; I make occasional Cibachrome -- oops,
living in the past again -- Ilfochrome prints.  I just don?t
think quality can be assessed from anything you can show me on a
computer screen.  It?s kinda like looking at the world through
the wrong end of a telescope, and not a very good one at that.

I could be wrong.

Walt