RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:46:36 -0800
 http://www.photoartworld.com/lenstest/

It is just too subtle for me, I guess. If anything, on the last pair of images on the page the Tele-Elmarit out of focus trees look like what they are and there is the faintest hint of break up of the out of focus image in the APO Summicron. But I did not have the patience to look at them all. Unless it is really gross as with a mirror tele it seems like the concern with "bokeh" is really overblown as is the obsession with perfection that prompts some Tokyo shoppers to pay $25-30 for a little basket of "perfect" strawberries. But I guess I am a Luddite.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California