[OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons

Subject: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:37:43 -0500
*** No direct OM content ***

Further to the bokeh discussion of a couple of weeks ago, y'all might want
to check this page out with some comparisons between two Leica lenses: 90/2
Apo-Summicron and 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit.  I was struck by the bokeh
differences between these two lenses, one of 1970's vintage, and the other
the best 90mm lens that Leica has ever built.  Even at the same aperture,
there are significant differences between the bokeh of the photos.  I
prefer the Apo-Summicron, personnaly.

The interesting thing is that I had both of these lenses and sold the TE
because I didn't like it's images and bokeh, while the Apo-Summicron was
too heavy.

Skip