[OM] Day out with friends

Subject: [OM] Day out with friends
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 00:24:52 +0800
My gf, and two of her friends have very close birthdays (one this week, two next week) and so we all went out for lunch together. Of course, everybody and their mother at the table wanted a digital camera, and digital camera catalogs were all over the table. They discussed everything from what was cute, to what was useful. The men seemed to have mentioned things like memory storage type, lens quality, battery life etc.. and of course, the "which one is cuter" was covered by all the women.

Those who bought one already started to snap away. The pictures sucked of course because they take it not with the viewfinder, but via the display screen, which is not very accurate. I took out my OM, and everybody who feared pictures got intimidated, and those who loved to be in the spotlight, all lit up. I had my Tokina 90mmf2.5 out, and I took quite a few portrait shots. I'll get them developed tomorrow and see how they turn out. But most said, "WOW, this thing is awesome, the viewfinder is large and bright, and it makes an actual click sound "like professional photographers"!!"

hehehe, a few even considered buying one because the price was hard to beat.

I think digital is a compliment, I had a roll of Ilford HP5/400 in there, and I'll bet the results are great. I'm happy that when it's all said and done, my OM holds it's own against anything, even the digital cameras.

Albert