[OM] OM vs. Leica

Subject: [OM] OM vs. Leica
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:24:09 +0800
My gf's uncle I just found out, is an avid shooter. According to his wife, there's a hole that he throws his paycheck into, named Leica. (Those are her words, not mine!)

I was very shocked that my girlfriend, who knows nothing about cameras, and who has only heard of C* and N*, also knows Leica. (Notice I hold Leica's in high enough regard to type it out, but not the other two...) She tells me everytime she is over there, her uncle tries to brainwash her by telling her things like "If you EVER get a camera, buy a Leica, it's the only purchase you'll never regret". Leica cult...

If I get a chance to visit him this new years, then I will be prepared. I would like to have both of us take the same shots, me representing the OM and Zuiko group. We'll see how the OM stacks up against the Leicas. I don't have a tripod here, no doubt he does, and so I think that will make the bigger difference, whether or not both of us shoot off tripod, or if only one of us does. (I have no doubts mine on tripod will beat his without one in sharpness). What do you guys think? I think he's definitely got the Summicron 50mm, and I think at least another 35mm that I know of...

Albert