Re: [OM] OM vs. Leica

Subject: Re: [OM] OM vs. Leica
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:41:19 +0800
My Om1n+50mm1.8 cost me $125. I spent $80 for cleanup, (new foam, battery conversion, new seals, full cleaning of lens and camera...) So $205 TOTAL. I think his Summicron costs more then my entire setup. Also, if I'm being attacked, I will not hesitate to beat him over the head with my OM, but I know Leica users would never do that to their "babies'.

Here's what I can do: If it's off the tripod, then I'll have mirror lockup. I will try not to shoot in low light conditions; as you are correct, wide open is not that great, and also, RF's have about 1-2 stop advantage over SLRs in slower shutter speeds.

If it's in the day time, and I have a roll of Reala in mine, and we our outdoors, trust me, I'll give him a SERIOUS run for his money.

What I would like to do is (hehehe) take some portrait shots outdoors of his wife with my Tokina 90mm (sharpest in my bag, sharper then my Zuiko's) with something like Reala, and let HIM develop it... And have his wife comment on it... My Tokina is very sharp, even wide open. Drop that background out, (it has great bokeh too) and pick out her zits in the picture... I'll let you all know how to battle goes... At least if I lose, it's not to a C* or N*