Re: [OM] Lens cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cleaning
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:56:52 -0500
Just remember, like more houseplants are killed by too much watering than
by neglect, more lenses are damaged by too much over-zealous cleaning than
by just about any other cause.  Even an annual spit and shirttail wipe does
less damage than the most careful constant cleaning.  It's surprising how
much crap has to be on a lens before it starts to seriously affect the
image.  Me?  I use old, carefully laundered 2x2 in. 100otton T-shirt
squares and Windex when a cleaning is really called for.  Works for me, and
there's a certain satisfaction in recycling one's underwear.

Walt