Re: [OM] Lens cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cleaning
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:00:40 -0600
Yes, actually -- the first shop I worked at used it almost exclusively.
Kind of stinky, though.  And plain naphtha works just as well and is
cheaper in bulk at the hardware store.  We keep some around for special
occasions, like flushing shutter assemblies that aren't economical to
strip down for cleaning -- and to fill the lighter we use now and then to
heat tools when we need to poke a hole into plastic and such like.