Re: [OM] OT: recommendation for an OM vacation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: recommendation for an OM vacation
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:42:29 -0800
What "Moose" said ;-)

I second the entire coast between Morro Bay and Carmel. I live in Santa Cruz
(somewhat of a destination location itself) and Cambria (just a little South
of San Simeon) was the location my wife and I honeymooned. Our favorite
beach is the Hearst State Beach across Hwy 1 from the castle. That entire
stretch of coast is just incredible. It does close due to slides in heavy
rains in the winter though.

I would add to this list Point Lobos. Short walking trails take you to some
amazing scenery. One of the true gems in the CA State Parks system.

Kings Canyon/Sequoia is gorgeous and often less crowded than Yosemite.
Beautiful in the winter (our reservations are set for three nights over
President's Day weekend already for a cabin in Grant Grove).

But the coast between Carmel and Morro Bay is breathtaking and always offers
something new you haven't seen before.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com