Re: [OM] OT: recommendation for an OM vacation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: recommendation for an OM vacation
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:29:41 -0800
What "Moose" said ;-)

I second the entire coast between Morro Bay and Carmel. I live in Santa Cruz
(somewhat of a destination location itself) and Cambria (just a little South
of San Simeon) was the location my wife and I honeymooned. Our favorite
beach is the Hearst State Beach across Hwy 1 from the castle. That entire
stretch of coast is just incredible. It does close due to slides in heavy
rains in the winter though.

I would add to this list Point Lobos. Short walking trails take you to some
amazing scenery. One of the true gems in the CA State Parks system.

Kings Canyon/Sequoia is gorgeous and often less crowded than Yosemite.
Beautiful in the winter (our reservations are set for three nights over
President's Day weekend already for a cabin in Grant Grove).

But the coast between Carmel and Morro Bay is breathtaking and always offers
something new you haven't seen before.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com

My morning paper says that another parcel of wetland is being added to the park at Morro Bay. The town is kind of junky, but the coast north of there is truly beautiful. Drive your best handling car for an added attraction. :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California