Re: [OM] Re: [OT] was: Backpack/case question, now Lat/Long ramblings..

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] was: Backpack/case question, now Lat/Long ramblings...
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:42:47 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:39, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>You can use MapQuest to find your own lat/long, just by entering
>the lat/long pair of the closest city/town/village/whatever you
>live to, and then entering corrections (usually in seconds only)
>until you've pretty much nailed your location.

>Using the above technique, I discovered my lat/long as 53:30:20N,
>113:30:24W.  Unfortunately, these MapQuest values usually don't
>agree with their GPS counterparts, so I have no idea how accurate
>they are...

OK, now you have me curious.  I went to MapQuest and clicked on
the Maps->Lat/Long and entered 53:30:20 and 113:30:24, it would
not let me enter the compass directions (ESWN).  And when I
clicked to get the map, it gave me a blank page.  So how do you
enter the "ESWN" compass directions?

I also tried entering an address, but could not find a way to
convert that to the Lat/Long coordinates.  So where do I start to
pin-point where I am located?  Just very curious now.  Thanks.
        -Dan