Re: [OM] Leonids, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Leonids, anyone?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:28:48 +0100
Hello, Dean & all.

Here, in Spain, I was a bit luckier -- some clouds around, but not too much ;-)

I saw 105 meteors during 2 1/2 hours of observation _from my balcony_, on
the heart of a 180000+ inhabitants town. Since there was full moon, it
wouldn't make a difference going to a place with a darker sky. Anyway, I
could only watch a fraction of the sky; maybe I lost a lot of meteors!

I woke up at 3:30 am and set an OM-1 with a Sigma 16mm fish-eye, doing 3
1/2 min. exposures at f/2.8 on Superia 400. I'll get the prints tomorrow
afternoon. Let's hope some of the brightest meteors ("fireballs") got
recorded!

Last year, in the country, with a much darker sky _and_ with no moon on the
sky, we saw about 220 meteors in 7 hours (about 50 on film), so this year
seemed impressive to me...

I'll set up a web with the interesting pics, if any ;-)

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>