Re: [OM] Leonids, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Leonids, anyone?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:18:17 -0500
I drug myself out of the rack at 3:15 and headed to an open area in northern
Maryland. There was a barn that provided cover from the full moon, which was
brilliant. We saw a lot of meteors, one of which was a shadowcaster.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any on film. I shot Sensia 400 w/ 50/1.4 @f2. I
know there were several in one frame, but they weren't brilliant enough to
overcome the reflectance from the moon in the exposure. The night was mostly
clear with a few jet contrails and occassional high thin clouds. I'm glad I
got to see them, even if they didn't grace my film. I think last year's
display was better.

I did shoot on the location other than the leonids....

I took this one at 4:30 am EST. I didn't have the horizon correct, so I
rotated 2 degrees without cropping. I like the shot because it looks like
daylight until you look closely. Stars are showing, and the dome light in
the distant car is overpowering.
http://www.tragonline.net/images/moonlitbarn20021119.jpg

This is Venus rising just before dawn.
http://www.tragonline.net/images/dawn120021119.jpg